Moong Dal Pakoda ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 157540 times
A batter of soaked moong dal perked up with spices and green chillies results in a delicious deep-fried snack, which is partly crispy, partly soft and partly chewy too. The Moong Dal Pakoda, with its unique texture, is an all-time favourite ware sold by the roadside food vendors of Mumbai. Part of the magic is worked by the combination of chutneys that it is served with, so make sure you include them in your serving plans.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked and drained yellow moong dal and green chillies in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste using approx. 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the coriander seeds, peppercorns and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to make more pakodas.
- Serve immediately with meetha chutney, green chutney and sukha lehsun ka chutney.
Moong Dal Pakoda (Mumbai Roadside Recipes) Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.