by Tarla Dalal
Added to 262 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 240499 times
paneer lababdar recipe | restaurant style paneer lababdar | healthy paneer lababdar | with 25 amazing images.
Paneer lababdar is a popular Punjabi restaurant sabzi made with low paneer cubes in an aromatic, spicy gravy with sautéed onions.
See why this is a healthy paneer lababdar. Using low-fat paneer ensures that this flavourful paneer lababdar is low in fat but rich in calcium and protein. We have used low fat milk and onions and tomatoes to make healthy paneer lababdar.
Notes on paneer lababdar recipe. 1. Add the coriander seeds to a mortar and crush them with a pestle. The roasting of the seeds not only intensifies the flavor but also makes it easier to crush. 2. add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for 1 minute on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally. Use red tomatoes as they will be less sour in taste. 3. Transfer to a small blender jar and blend into a coarse paste without using any water. We are using a small jar as the masala is not a lot in quantity.
For the best outcome of paneer lababdar , use soft paneer cubes, ideally homemade! Serve this subzi hot with whole wheat paratha.
Enjoy how to make paneer lababdar recipe | restaurant style paneer lababdar | healthy paneer lababdar | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make paneer lababdar, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, coarsely powdered dry kashmiri red chillies, dried fenugreek leaves, onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onio
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder and 4 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool slightly and then blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep non-stick pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish the paneer lababdar with coriander and serve hot with whole wheat parathas.
Paneer Lababdar (Low Cholesterol) Video by Tarla Dalal
Paneer Lababdar recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.